University Life Space and Events
Guidelines for Request/Approval Process
January 11, 2022
In order to align protocols with state and community health guidance, all student groups are being asked to move to a virtual-only meeting schedule until in-person classes resume. From now until in-person instruction resumes, University Life Space and Events will disallow nearly all indoor meetings/events.
During this time, grab-and-go style events are allowed at various outdoor spaces on campus. Approval of these events is based on the feasibility of holding them safely according to university/state guidance, and the availability of the outdoor spaces. All requests for (outdoor) space and approval will be managed by the University Life Events team, using our existing scheduling system. To book a reservation, plan your event, or for more information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our reservations page. All events scheduled in an outdoor location should consider an inclement weather plan.
Outdoor areas that are reservable include:
- Penn Commons (Tent)
- Annenberg Plaza (Tent)
- GSE Social Science Quad (Tent)
- College Green
- ARCH Patio
- LGBT Center Patio
- Penn Women’s Center Patio
- Greenfield Intercultural Center Garden
We will do our best to respond to requests as they come in and will communicate any adjustments that may be required as protocols and guidance evolve.
Please contact us should you have any questions.
- All events and visitors must adhere to the University’s public health guidance.
- PennOpen Pass is required for entry into Houston Hall and the Arch building.
- Additional student support resources from University Life are available here.
Laura Carney, Associate Director – University Life Scheduling and Events
Saleem Curry, Director – University Life Space and Events Management
Extended Winter Break Hours of Operation for Perelman Quad Buildings
Hours of Operation
8:00 am – 8:00 pm
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Hours of Operation
9:00 am – 6:00 pm
*building operations staff will require use of PennOpen Pass for entry to Houston Hall and the ARCH
All events and visitors must adhere to the University’s public health guidelines.
Houston Hall access is for specific purposes including COVID testing
- Entry for the COVID testing site is through the tents located on the Spruce-street side of Houston Hall
- Meetings and event spaces may be requested using the reservation system and will be approved in accordance with state and local guidance
Perelman Quadrangle staff are here to help during this time. Please address any questions you may have about existing or future reservations, as well as those concerning building operations, to email@example.com. It may take up to two business days to receive a reply.
Additional student support resources from University Life are available here